June 22, 2012

My Lovely Host Family- Jessie


   While I was in Beijing on my exchange journey, I had the opportunity to live with a local Beijing family. I was most excited about this aspect of the trip. I had yearned to experience  living  in a Chinese home my whole life.  I mean, when does a Chinese adoptee have the chance to live a typical Chinese lifestyle?  I have to admit that I was a little nervous going and  living with a host family, what if I was stuck with a tiger mom? But the minute I walked into their humble apartment , I felt as if I was an honorary member of the family.  I have  never felt more welcomed into someone's home. My host mom kept saying " 我的两个女儿(Wǒ de liǎng gè nǚ'ér)", my two daughters and would give both of us a warm embrace. After the twelve day trip I now consider my host family as a second family. Their hospitality and kindness will stick with me for years to come. I was truly touched by their love and warm welcome during my stay with them in Beijing. 



- Jessie 

Mom, Shi Yue, Dad 

Shi Yue's Mom 




Mom, Me, Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment