November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving, CCI!


Dear Jessie and CCI, 
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!  
Thinking of you, and 
hope you are enjoying
 lots of yummy treats with your families.


(This entry is cross-posted from our "One World" group blog at www.ChineseAdoptee.com.)

"MEMORIES WITH SOME OF MY IRISH, BRITISH & AMERICAN SISTERS"
(with the girls in England - I'm on the far left)
(shoe shopping with my British sisters in northern England - above)
(with my American sisters in the USA - above)
(with my big sister Samantha in England)
 (with Anna in Acadia National Park, Maine, USA - above)
(with my British sisters in London, UK)
(with Juleigh in the USA - above)
(l to r: with my Irish sister, during her first trip to England! - meeting her inspired our "Global Girls" Chinese Adoptee Links International Volunteer Pen Pal Program in 2006, which later led to "Global Girl" trips from the USA to England, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Belgium and Spain.  Susan, Anna and I thought it might be a grand adventure if the British, Irish & American "pen pals" could meet one another in person.  

We also visited the famous ANNE FRANK MUSEUM in Amsterdam -- that was amazing, and a lifelong dream come true since I read her diary when I was 10.  It was so special to share that with the girls.)  Since then, many of our UK pen pals have visited their American pen pals with their own families.  I love how letters travel and grow, and take off to form a life of their own.


(with my Irish and British sister in England)

Dear Juleigh, Hope you had a wonderful weekend in Ireland :-)
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures. 


"BLOOM YOUR BEST"



~Much Love From Jennifer Bao Yu "Precious Jade" Jue-Steuck~

Native Province: Taipei & Jiangsu (mainland China) Hometown: Laguna Beach (OC), California Arrived in the USA: Dec 1979 / Jan 1980 Education: NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, Harvard & UC Berkeley Generation: G2, “A Global Generation” Proud Big Sister of:Chris (from Seoul, South Korea) Why This "ONE WORLD" Blog: “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment