July 26, 2012

London 2012



The London 2012 Olympic Games will begin tomorrow!

 Patriotism. One's pride in one's country. It has been pumping through our veins for centuries.  A long time ago, patriotism was shown through war and conquering territories. Today we show patriotism and passion through sport.

  But what happens when you are an adoptee and were born in another country?

It's truly a dilemma. I've always struggled with how much I should root for China during the Olympic Games.

 I'm cheering for Team U.S.A. I am a proud citizen of the U.S., and I have grown up admiring great American athletes from  Jesse Owens to Michael Phelps

I guess in the end if the U.S. and China went head to head in an event, I would want the U.S. to win and hope that China got second.

Who are you rooting for in these Olympics ? 加油!



Jessie's  perfect scenario: Nastia- Gold, Shawn- Silver  China- Bronze


- Jessie 加油!

No comments:

Post a Comment