June 19, 2012

Jessie Lutz- China Exchange 2012

These past two weeks I have had an experience of a lifetime. I had an incredible opportunity to stay with a Chinese host family in Beijing. Words cannot describe how fantastic the trip was.The simplicity of my host family's lifestyle was humbling and I came back to the States with a bigger appreciation of the simple things we take for granted here. I now appreciate things like potable water, air conditioning, bath towels, and all the modern appliances we have here such as a dishwashers and washers and dryers.

Living in America, I am proud to be an American and I  sometimes I forget how proud I am to be a Chinese-American. As we visited awe-inspiring sites such as the Great- Wall I swelled with pride and my passion for China began to bubble inside once more. This sounds cliche, but I was so proud that my ancestors were the ones to create such rich and beautiful masterpieces, masterpieces that people from all around the world eagerly flock to. 


Overall I loved the spirit, genuine happiness, and warm hospitality of the Chinese people. I loved my host family dearly, and I can't wait to visit China again some day !

Jessie


Shi Yue ( purple)  and Me (lime green) 

No comments:

Post a Comment